We are pleased you have visited our website www.masterplandiwa.eu. via donau – Österreichische Wasserstraßen-Gesellschaft mbH (hereinafter “we” or “viadonau”) on behalf of the project consortium of the CEF funded project “Masterplan Digitalistation of Inland Waterways” takes data protection very seriously.
More detailed information on the use of your data can be found here:
I. Name and address of the controller
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection legislation enacted at the national level by Member States and other data protection rules, the controller is:
via donau – Österreichische Wasserstraßen-Gesellschaft mbH
Tel.: +43 (0) 50 4321 1000
II. Name and address of the data protection officer
The controller’s data protection officer is:
You can also contact the data protection officer by sending a letter to the controller’s postal address, labelling it for the attention of the “Data protection officer”.
III. Provision of the website and creation of log files
- Description and scope of data processing
Each time our internet site is accessed, our system collects automated data and information from the computer system accessing our site.
The following data is collected:
• Information on the type of browser and the version being used
• Language and version of the browser software
• Operating system and interface used
• The user’s internet service provider
• The user’s IP address
• Date and time of access and time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Volume of data transmitted
• Websites from which the user’s system accesses our Website
• Websites accessed by the user’s system via our website
• Access status / HTTP status Code
The data is likewise stored in our system’s log files.
- Legal basis for data processing Article 6(1)(f) GDPR provides the legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files.
- Purpose of data processing The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary so as to enable the user’s computer to retrieve and display the website. For this purpose, the user’s IP address must be stored for the duration of the session. The data is stored in log files to guarantee the functionality of the website. Furthermore, the data helps us to optimise the website and guarantee the security of our information technology systems. The data is not evaluated in this respect for marketing purposes. These purposes also include our legitimate interest in processing data as provided for under Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Duration of storage The data is deleted after 30 days. In the event the data is stored in log files, these files will be deleted after 14 days. Data is not stored for a period exceeding this in any format which would make it possible for the persons concerned to be identified.
Your data will be transferred to:
• Livingcreation Werbeagentur, Mühlgasse 9/5, 1040 Vienna, Austria
• Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Definition of cookies Cookies are small text files stored in your browser. They are downloaded by your browser the first time you visit our website. The next time this website is visited using the same terminal or browser, the cookie and the information stored in it will be sent either to the respective website which set it (first party cookie) or to another website to which it belongs (third party cookie). In this way, the cookie recognises that the website was requested using the respective browser and this changes the way in which content is displayed. For instance, cookies “remember” your preferences, how you use a site, and to some degree they adapt the offers shown to the individual.
- Other cookies – Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Data is processed on the basis of the consent given by you (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR, Section 96 para. 3 of the Telecommunications Act). Google Analytics uses what are known as “cookies”, i.e. text files stored on your computer, which make it possible to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of the website (including a truncated version of your IP address) is – as a general rule – transferred to and stored on a server operated by Google in the United States.
This website uses Google Analytics solely with the “anonymizeIp()” extension, which guarantees the anonymization of the IP address by a process of truncation and eliminates any direct reference to individuals. By using this extension, your IP address will be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before such transfer of data takes place. Only in exceptional circumstances will the complete IP address be transferred to and stored on a server operated by Google in the United States.
On our behalf, Google will make use of this information to evaluate your use of the website, to produce reports on website activities and to provide other services to us related to the use of the website and the Internet. The (truncated) IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged by Google with other data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by changing your browser settings accordingly; however, we wish to draw your attention to the fact that if you do so you will not be able to take full advantage of all of the functions of this website. Furthermore, by clicking on the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de) you can download and install a browser plugin which will enable you to prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie, which relates to your use of the website (including your IP address), and it therefore also enables you to prevent Google from processing such data.
As an alternative to a browser plug-in or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on this link to prevent any future collection of data by Google Analytics within this website (the opt-out only functions in the browser and only for this domain). By clicking on the link, an opt-out cookie will be set on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you will have to click on this link again. You can find more information on Google Analytics conditions of use and data protection at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/.
- Your cookie settings on this website If you block cookies completely or would like to limit the placement of cookies, you can change the settings in your internet browser. Cookies already stored can be deleted at any time. If cookies are deactivated for our website, it is possible that you will not be able to take full advantage of all of the functions of the website. You can find out how to manage and delete cookies in the help function integrated into the respective browser.
V. Contact us using the online form and by email
- Purpose If you get in touch with us by using the contact form or by sending us an email, we will collect and process in each case your email address and the details of the issue of concern to you and – where applicable – the data you additionally provide us with or which you make available to us by uploading or attaching documents. The data is processed for the purpose of answering your query.
- Legal basis viadonau processes data on the basis of its legitimate interest in communicating with website users (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- Storage / deletion viadonau deletes or anonymizes your personal data as soon as the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and processed provided, however, that viadonau is not subject to other legal obligations which require it to continue to store the data. Record-keeping requirements and retention obligations stem specifically from corporate, company and tax law, as well as from anti-money laundering legislation. In addition, viadonau will continue to retain any personal data that may prove necessary in connection with the establishment or defence of legal claims or for their enforcement in administrative or judicial proceedings. The data will be retained until the expiry of the relevant limitation periods or until such time as the proceedings have reached a final conclusion.
VII. “Share” function
A plug-in developed by AddThis, which has its headquarters at 1900 Oracle Way, Reston, VA 20190, USA, is used on our website. This plug-in makes it possible for you to post and share content from our website on social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Xing. You can recognise the “share buttons” integrated via AddThis by the fact that “Share this article” appears only after you click on the link. The social media plug-ins located at the beginning and end of an article call up the corresponding function solely when clicked on by a person and thus only make a connection with the respective social media platform at that point. Please be advised that as a website operator we have no knowledge of the complete content of the data transmitted or its use by the respective social media platform. If you click on social media plug-ins while you are logged into your social media account, you may link the content of our website to your social media account. As a result, the social media platform can associate your visit to our website with your account. If you do not wish this to happen, please log out of your social media account.
In some instances, we engage the services of external service providers (so-called processors) to process personal data. They were carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
The following processors act on our behalf:
• Livingcreation Werbeagentur, Mühlgasse 9/5, 1040 Vienna, Austria
• Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
IX. Transfers outside of the EEA
We send data to recipients domiciled outside of the EEA in the following cases:
• Google LLC (“Google”), which has its registered office at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, processes data on our behalf. We send Google your IP address (in an anonymised format), information on websites accessed (URLs) and estimations regarding demography and age. Our legitimate interest in performing statistical analysis of the user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes provides the legal basis for the transfer (Article 6 (1)(f) GDPR). Google is certified for the US-EU data protection framework “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the level of data protection applicable in the European Union. Furthermore, in addition to our general security measures which are used group-wide, the data will only be transmitted in pseudonymous form. It is thus not possible to associate any specific data with you.
X. Your rights in connection with data processing
The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) grants you as a data subject certain rights to which we wish to draw your attention in the following. Please note that these rights are complementary, which means that you can for instance either request that your data be corrected/completed or that it be deleted.
- Revocation of consent viadonau stores and processes your personal data with your consent. You are entitled to revoke such consent at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of data conducted up until the time at which revocation is issued.
- Right to information You may request information regarding the origin, categories, storage duration, recipients, and purpose of the data relating to you that is processed by viadonau, as well as information on the type of processing.
- Right to correction and deletion In the event viadonau processes data relating to you that is incorrect or incomplete, you can request it be corrected or completed. Further, you can request the deletion of data processed unlawfully.
- Right to restrict processing If it is unclear whether the data relating to you that has been processed is incorrect or incomplete or whether it is being or has been processed unlawfully, you may request that the processing of your data be restricted until such time as this issue is clarified.
- Right to object Even if the data relating to you is correct and complete and even if it is being processed lawfully by viadonau, you can file an objection to the processing of this data. However, you may only do so in situations in which you provide special justification.
- Right to data portability You are entitled to receive the data relating to you that has been processed by viadonau, which viadonau received from you, in a machine-readable format determined by viadonau or you may instruct viadonau to transfer the data directly to a third party of your choosing provided, however, that viadonau makes this possible for the recipient from a technical perspective and that the transfer of data is not hindered or impeded due to it being an unreasonable burden and providing no other confidentiality obligations or considerations on the part of viadonau or third parties stand in the way of such transfer.
- Right to file a complaint Lastly, you have the right to appeal to the Data Protection Agency if you are of the view that the processing of the personal data relating to you breaches the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
- To whom can you turn to enforce your rights as a data subject? To assert the aforementioned rights, please write (a letter or email) to the contact person specified under section I or directly to the following email address: datenschutz[at]viadonau.org.